- This event has passed.
Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens
1 Aug, 2015
About the Show:
“Cheers meets Red Dwarf meets Rocky Horror” in this tack-tastic naughty show set in a galaxy far, far away….
As the audience settle back for an evening of cosmic cabaret, all is not well at Saucy Jack’s… The evil shadow of a serial killer looms over the bar; cabaret acts are being killed off one by one, found stabbed by the heel of a sequinned slingback shoe.
The staff at the Saucy Jack’s bar are terrified but their boss, Saucy Jack himself, doesn’t seem that bothered by the threat of murder or the tragic loss of his cabaret acts – he’s more concerned it’ll be bad for business.
We meet and hear the dreams and fears of the characters in the bar: down-trodden waitress Booby Shevalle, talented young saxophonist Sammy Sax, willing barman Mitch Maypole and eccentric regular at the bar, Dr. Willhelm von Whackoff.
– Mitch Maypole – Male, barman. Dreams of something more, is required to strip to underwear. 20 – 30 Tenor
– Sammy Sax – Male, singing saxophone player – must be able to actually play the sax and sing; slightly geeky and dreams of a space vixen of his very own. 18 -30 Tenor
– Dr Von Wackoff – Male –psychologist, observing human behaviour in the bar. Narrates chunks of the show. 30 + Baritone
– Saucy Jack – Male – bar owner, acts as ringmaster of the cabaret, is charismatic, sleazy, strong and powerful – a very big role! 25+ Baritone
– Booby Shevalle – Drag Queen – working as an entertainer and cocktail waitress in the bar but dreams of something better. .Very strong female role, a great “transformational” piece. 20+ Tenor
– Vulva Savannah – Female, cabaret performer – doubles with Chesty and Shirley or Chorus member 30+ Alto
– Bunny Lingus – Female, space vixen, strong female role. 20+ Alto
– Jubilee Climax – Female, queen of the space vixens, strong female role. 25+ Mezzo
– Anna Labia – Female, Space vixen recruit – keen to make a good impression, strong female role. 20+ Soprano
– Shirley Tri-Star = Female, insterstellar space trucker – doubles with chesty 25+ Mezzo
– Chesty Prospects – Female, plastic smuggler – doubles with Shirley 25+ Mezzo
– various chorus members
Two songs – Be prepared to sing only a portion of your song (one verse and one chorus should be sufficient) and please don’t be offended if we cut you off. We may ask you to sing your second song, however please do not be offended if we don’t ask you to sing more (or panic if we do) – it does not mean anything in the context of the casting.
We will provide a set piece for readings on the day, do some improvisational work and also a short dance audition – again, the piece will be taught on the day.
Author: Charlotte Mann
Director: Lorna Mackie
MD: Krispin Maesalu
Show Dates: Nov 19, 20, 21,26, 27 and 28, Dec 3,4 and 5
Please contact Lorna Mackie firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an audition time or for more information please visit: