- This event has passed.
The Addams Family: A New Musical
17 Jul, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
About the Show:
Featuring an original story, and it’s every father’s nightmare. Wednesday, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet young man from a respectable family.
And if that weren’t upsetting enough, she confides in her father and begs him not to tell her mother. Now, Gomez must do something he’s never done before, keep a secret from his beloved wife, Morticia. Everything will change for the whole family on the fateful night they host a dinner for Wednesday’s “normal” boyfriend and his parents.
– Gomez Addams: (Lead: Male: 30 – 45) man of Spanish descent who takes great pride in his family and revels in all it means to be an “Addams”, he struggles with having to keep his daughters secret from his wife whom he adores more than death, smart, comedic actor with tenor vocals.
– Morticia Addams: (Lead: Female: 30 – 45) attractive, ageless, leggy, the strength of the family, an easy comedic actress with a sexy, dry wit, feels her husband is hiding something from her and will use any tactic to lure the secret out, strong dancer/mover, with alto/mezzo soprano vocals.
– Wednesday Addams: (Lead: Female: 18 – 25) attractive, with the same dry wit and sensibility of her mother, finds love with a “normal” boy (Lucas) and wants to introduce his family to hers, experiences the youthful drama that comes with first love, strong pop belt vocals.
– Uncle Fester: (Supporting: Male: 30 – 45) androgynous family member who serves as the musicals narrator, larger than life, an energetic, joyous, child-like presence, vaudeville style comedian with tenor vocals.
*Please note that actors will be required to shave their head for the role.
– Pugsley Addams: (Supporting: Male: 12 – 16) charming, funny, husky boy who loves being tortured by his sister, wants to ensure he won’t lose his sister to her new boyfriend so he takes matters into his own hands, strong, high vocals.
– Grandma: (Supporting: Female: 30+) a feisty 102 year old woman, fun and quirky, but don’t mess with Grandma, comedic actress with strong character vocals.
– Lurch: (Supporting: Male: 30+) very tall male character, the Addams butler who knows all, speaks in moans and groans without becoming a cartoon version of himself, movement is always very slow, character actor with low bass vocals.
– Lucas Beineke: (Lead: Male: 18 – 25) attractive, young man, fell in love with Wednesday Addams and plans to marry her, experiences the youthful pain and drama of young love and struggles with the differences between his family and the Addams family, contemporary pop tenor vocals.
– Mal Beineke: (Supporting: Male: 30 – 45) stuffy father of Lucas and exasperated husband to his rhyming wife, Alice, at one time was a follower of The Grateful Dead but has lost that side of himself, always looking out for his family, male actor with high baritone/ tenor vocals.
– Alice Beineke: (Supporting: Female: 30-45) mother of Lucas, devoted to her family so she puts aside her own desires; quirky female who often speaks in rhyme, while at the Addams Family dinner party, she drinks a potion that causes her to let her hair down and speak her truth, comedic actress with soprano / belt vocals.
– The Ancestors: (Chorus / Ensemble: Male & Female: 13 – 70+) ensemble singer/dancers who sing and have fun with a quirky sensibility, trained dancers with a knowledge of tango dancing a plus, living statue work also advantageous.
The Ancestors will be utalised throughout the show and also as a part of the pre-show entertainment.
*Please note that the ages above are suggested stage ages only.
Prepare 2 Songs from a non Disney musical
Cold Read of the script on the day
Wear comfortable clothes for the dance audition
Show: The Addams Family: A New Musical
Author: Book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, Music and Lyrics by Andrew Lippa & Based on Characters Created by Charles Addams
Venue: Memorial Hall: 435 Carrington Street, Hamilton Hill WA 6163
Theatre Company: Dark Psychic Productions & Phoenix Theatre Inc
Show Dates: 24, 25 & 26 Nov 2016 & 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 Dec 2016 at 8pm & 4 Dec 2016 at 2pm
Director: Ryan S McNally
MD: Krispin Maesalu